So you have shot your shot and she has responded. Now begins the nerve-wracking dilemma of what next? One of the tough decisions for young Nigerian couples who look to impress their love interests is what to do on the first date. This post highlights some first date ideas for you.
You might wonder, “what is so important about the first date”? Well, as the saying goes, “first impressions matter”. The first date is your chance to make a good first impression on your partner and the success or failure of the date plays a huge role in deciding if either of you stand a chance with each other.
Dates are intimate activities that help two love interests learn more about each other and find out the things they like and have in common. It is important to choose places that will enable you to not only have fun but to also have time to talk and get to know each other better.
When preparing for a date, you should take into consideration certain key details like the proximity of the venue of the date. A first date should also be in a public space. This is necessary to ease any fear of uncertainty and guarantee the safety of both parties.
Most importantly it is essential to take into consideration the amount of money you’d want to spend on the date. While some people like to individually handle the expenses, some might need their date to chip in.
Below are some of my favorite first date ideas for young Nigerian couples:
- Dinner: You can never go wrong with food because who doesn’t love good food. Plan a romantic dinner date with your partner. This gives you both a chance to bond over good food and wine. It is important to pick a place close to both of you. You should also consider the expenses. A first date should not be too expensive, especially if one person is footing the bill.
- Take a walk together: While this might seem boring to some, taking a walk on your first date is a great way to get to know your partner. This gives you both the opportunity to ask important questions about each other and know the values you both share. Do not forget to carry along some snacks.
- Picnic: Nothing says romance more than a picnic in a beautiful park under the sun. Both parties can bring some of their favorite food, snacks, and wine. You should also bring fun board games you both can play while on the date, this way you’re getting to know each other while still having fun.
- Attend a concert together: Although this might not be as intimate as other types of dates, it is still a good way to bond over great music from your favorite musicians.
- Visit a museum or art gallery: This is a good way to bond while taking in some bits of culture and history. For lovers of arts and culture, this is a perfect date. Not only is it cost-effective, but it is also a good way to learn together and explore each other’s love for art and history. You can round off the date by getting lunch at a nice restaurant or go do some karaoke.
The essence of a first date is to get to know your partner, so do not go overboard because you want to impress the other person. Try some of the first date ideas above, keep it simple and have fun.