10 Blog Post Commandments
- July 7, 2021 at 3:10 pm #17861Michael AkereleKeymaster
1. Thou shall not copy another author’s content and publish it as yours. It’s unethical and you could also be liable for copyright infringement.
2. Be topical: write blog posts that fit in the present time. For instance don’t write about Easter eggs in December.
3. Write a good introduction for your blog post and define unusual concepts.
4. Explain why you are writing your blog post and who would benefit from reading it.
5. Be authoritative: Establish your authority on what you are writing about. If you are not an authority on the subject, cite authorities and create appropriate links.
6. If you mention a website or App, provide links. Your audience would find it useful.
7. Let your blog post not be less than 300 words regardless of the topic. Posts that are less than 300 words don’t often rank well in search engines.
8. Let your post title be search query friendly (this would be good for search engine optimization).
9. If writing between 300 – 500 words, narrow down your topic. If your topic is broad, consider higher word limits (around 1000 – 1500 words).
10. This commandment is similar to number 1. Avoid paraphrasing another writer’s content and publishing it as yours. You could still be infringing the author’s copyright.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.