On Monday, the 11th of October, 2021 the UK government released a new travel rule regarding the Covid-19 vaccination. This new rule states that the UK approves of the Covid-19 Vaccines administered in Nigeria. Vaccination administered in most African countries has been approved by the UK government.
Therefore, International students, businessmen/ women, and tourists from Nigeria, travelling to the UK on or after the 11th of October, 2021 do not have to follow the unvaccinated rules but rather the vaccinated rules.
The vaccination rules are as follows:
- Vaccination status must be provided e.g a vaccine certificate.
- A 72hours Covid 19 test before entering the UK is not required
- Getting a day 2 Covid 19 test is required.
- 10 days self Isolation after entering the UK is not needed
- Getting a day 8 Covid 19 test is not required.
Nigerians who are fully vaccinated and have plans to travel to the UK can follow the vaccinated rule by simply providing proof of their vaccination status, which is their vaccination certificate. For a swift and less expensive travel process to the UK Nigerians are advised to get vaccinated.