In this article, I will be writing about every fun thing that Nigerian youth should engage themselves with, regardless of what is going on in the Country.
A Nigerian is a child born into the Nigerian culture and tradition, a child born into a country that is known to be the Giant of Africa.
Being the Giant of Africa seems like a privilege but is it really?
Nigeria is known as the giant of Africa because it is the most populated country in Africa, where 67% of its population are living in poverty. A big population means big problems like a high rate of insecurity, human trafficking, unemployment, lack of social amenities, health care facilities, corruption and a poor standard of education.
However, Nigerians are known for their vibrant energy expressed through diverse creativity regardless of the numerous problems in the country. They produce their own electricity through generators, construct boreholes to access water, set up vigilante groups for security, the majority of Nigerians turn to local herbalists for remedies. With the collapse of public education, citizens are more or less ministers of education.
A Nigerian is resourceful despite challenges and the political tussle for power that come their way. The never die spirit of Nigeria is what truly makes Nigeria great.
Fun Facts About Nigerian Youth
- Nigerian youths are ecstatic, we have a great sense of humour
- They are determined and resilient
- They are creative and imaginative
- Nigerian youths are positive thinkers
- Nigerian youths are problem solvers
Fun Things To Do As A Nigerian Youth
The Nigerian youth are industrious and hard-working, we can endure whatsoever hardship that comes our way, but the saying that reads, ‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy ’ is extremely valid.
We deserve to take breaks once in a while and explore the flavours of our country Nigeria, from its rich heritage to captivating destinations.
Let us take a look at 5 fun things that we can do as a Nigerian youth
- Hang out at the beach: Visiting the beach has an extremely calming effect on people, it gives one time to self reflect. Self-reflection is important for Nigerian youths as it enables us to identify areas in our lives that need improvement. The beach is also one of the outdoor activities that bring people together.
- Go on a culture trip: As Nigerian youth, we should not get carried away as the world is drastically developing and everything is becoming modernized. We should not forget our heritage and culture, going on trips to places that remind us of our heritage is fun and adventurous, places like Idanre hills in Ondo state, Ogbunike caves in Anambra state, Alok Ikom in Cross River state, Sukur Cultural Landscape in Adamawa State etc.
- Play board games with peers: Playing board games with friends is fun and most importantly it improves the social and cognitive skills of the Nigerian youth.
- Visit the Lekki Conservation Center: Every Nigerian youth must have an experience of walking on the longest canopy walkway in Africa, found one of the most visited nature reserves at Lekki Conservation Center, in Lagos.
- Try out different Nigerian delicacies: It is fun to try out different Nigerian delicacies and have the experience. Nigerian youth should create time to eat different Nigerian dishes regardless of their ethnic group as this can help bring unity amongst ourselves.